Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
What's Open and Closed for Presidents Day?
Monday is Presidents Day and that means a holiday for some people. Here's a look at what's open and closed.
The City of Austin’s administrative offices and other city facilities will be closed Monday. That includes city council offices, Austin public libraries, recreation centers and museums. But trash, recycling and yard trimmings pick up will proceed as normal.
The Zilker Botanical Gardens, the Austin Nature and Science Center and city-run golf courses will be open today. So will the Stacey and Deep Eddy pools.
There will be no US Postal Service delivery Monday, except for express mail. And the city says you still have to plug your parking meter Monday.