Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Mexican American Cultural Center
What Do You Want to See Next to the MACC? (Updated)
Update: The first of two community meetings on what to do with land next to the Mexican American Cultural Center is occurring tonight. Austin’s Parks and Recreation Department “is seeking community input to develop a range of options” for the parcel neighboring the center. The meeting is at the Mexican American Cultural Center, 600 River St., at 6:30 p.m.
Original Post (Nov. 2, 11:11 a.m.): The Mexican American Cultural Center is celebrating Dia De Los Muertos or “Day of the Dead” with a family-friendly event tomorrow.
But sugar skulls aren't the only attraction. The public is also invited to use the event to share input on what should happen to the lot next to the cultural center.
Last month, city council decided not to sell the land for development and instead to use it for parks and recreation and make it a part of the MACC's master plan.
- Saturday, Nov. 3: Dia de los Muertos Celebration, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 7: MACC Advisory Board Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 13: Community Engagement Meeting #1, 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 19: Community Engagement Meeting #2, 6:30 p.m.
You can also leave feedback online.