Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
What’s Open and Closed for the Holidays
In case you want to plan ahead for the holiday, here’s a look at what’s open and closed over the holiday break. We’ll add to this as we get more information.
Garbage, recycling and yard trimming collection will proceed as scheduled.
The city’s Household Hazardous Waste Facility will be closed Saturday, December 24 and Saturday, December 31.
Public libraries will be closed Friday, December 23 through Monday, December 26. They’ll also be closed New Year’s Day and Monday, January 2.
The city’s recreation and senior centers will be closed Friday, December 23 through Monday, December 26. The Zilker Botanical Garden will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. City golf courses will be closed Christmas Day.
The Austin Animal Center will be open through the holidays except on Christmas Day.
City of Austin administrative offices closed Friday, December 23 and Saturday, December 24. Normal business hours resume Tuesday, December 27. Those closures include city hall and council members’ offices.