Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
Arts and Culture
Watch Austin’s ‘Intergalactic Nemesis’ Perform on ‘Conan’
A crew of Austin creatives has taken its “Intergalactic Nemesis” show on the road – with a stop on Conan O’Brien’s show last night.
What is “The Intergalactic Nemesis” you may ask? Essentially, it’s a live-action comic book where performers enact a fantastic sci-fi story with live music and sound effects. The crew last night featured “Nemesis” producer and director Jason Neulander, musician and composer Graham Reynolds, Buzz Moran providing foley effects, and others – including O’Brien and his sidekick Andy Richeter. The art behind the performers was also created by another Austinite, Tim Doyle.
You can view the performance on the “Conan” website. The “Nemesis” crew concludes its tour in March, and will present a rough cut of its newest piece, “Book Two: Robot Planet Rising,” at the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar that same month.