Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Travis County Burn Ban Lifted
With Travis County receiving several inches of rain in the last 24 hours, a burn ban for the county is no longer in effect.
Travis County Fire Marshal Hershel Lee lifted the burn ban for the region today. It was initially scheduled to last until Oct. 3. The lift will be in effect until at least Sept. 18, when the county commissioners court will consider the ban once more.
Officials still remind citizens to abide by state regulations when burning any materials outdoors. You can find more information on the fire marshall’s website.