Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
Travis County Burn Ban Back On
The burn ban is back.
At their meeting this morning, the Travis County Commissioners approved a recommendation from county Fire Marshall Hershel Lee to reinstate the ban.
The ban prohibits the burning “of any combustible material outside of an enclosure which serves to contain all flames and/or sparks,” along with “any activity outdoors which could allow flames or sparks that could result in a fire unless done in an enclosure designed to protect the spread of fire,” i.e., smoking. If you’re in need of more guidance, you can read the court order.
parks and recreation