Most Active Stories
- Should Austin Bury I-35? Proposal to Reconnect City Gets New Look
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Why Passing the STAAR Exam Will Get Tougher, Starting Next Year
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
KUT News Staff
Texas House Member Arrested on Suspicion of DWI
A state representative was arrested in Austin Thursday morning on a charge of Driving While Intoxicated after a collision causing minor injuries.
Austin Police say Rep. Naomi Gonzalez, D-El Paso, was driving a car that hit another car, which then hit someone on a bicycle. It happened at 1:56 A.M. at the intersection of South Congress Avenue and Barton Springs Road.
APD Senior Officer Jermaine Kilgore says there could be more charges, “depending on the injuries sustained at the scene and what the investigation and the District Attorney’s Office decide.”
Because the collision caused injury, Gonzalez had to submit a blood sample for testing. The result is pending.