Most Active Stories
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- A Permanent Farmers Market, and 5 Other Ways Austin Can Become A Foodie Capital
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Sunday Doins' Around Austin
There's a void in the roadway, dear Liza, dear Liza and it's right under Congress Avenue near Riverside Drive. Construction crews started filling the void, which was discovered during a waterline dig, Sunday at 7:00 a.m. The construction will affect rush hour traffic through Christmas Eve. Only one lane northbound on Congress near Riverside drive will be open. The City of Austin is asking for comment on its Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise Procurement Program rules. Up for discussion are changes that would require companies to give more notice before submitting a bid. The city is accepting comments through Tuesday. The Lake Travis Cavaliers football team won their 4th state title in row Saturday night. The team beat Denton Ryan 27-7 in a game played at Cowboys Stadium. The Austin American-Statesman has a story on the emotions stirred by the win. News 8 Austin has a video of the award celebration.