Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Sixth Street Lane Closures This Afternoon
View Sixth Street Lane Closures in a larger map.
If traffic downtown wasn’t bad enough already: Three lanes are closed on Sixth Street, from Guadalupe to Nueces while the city makes emergency repairs. And the lanes won’t reopen until well after afternoon rush hour.
The City of Austin issued a statement reading:
Sixth Street is currently reduced to one travel lane between Guadalupe and Nueces while work crews perform an emergency street repair. Earlier today, Public Works personnel responded to reports of a pavement problem at 6th and Nueces. The workers quickly closed three lanes to accommodate incoming concrete trucks and began performing the repair.
Motorists that use 6th Street to access Mopac are urged to find an alternate travel route this afternoon. The lane closures will be in effect through peak travel hours today, with repairs being complete and traffic lanes open by the morning commute.