Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Should Texans be Able to Cross State Lines for Health Insurance?
State lawmakers want to know what would happen if Texans were allowed to go across state lines to buy health insurance. It’s an idea some politicians say could reduce healthcare costs.
Today, the Texas Senate Committee on State Affairs looks at the feasibility and fiscal impact of changing the insurance code to allow that.
Senators will also talk about whether volunteer firefighters should be protected from being fired for missing work because they were responding to an emergency.