Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
Perry: Texas Education Spending Had 'Phenomenal' Growth
By the state’s own reckoning, Texas’ population increased four percent increase from 2011 to 2013. And Lawmakers cut education spending by more than $5 billion last session. But Gov. Rick Perry says education spending has outpaced statewide enrollment growth, and by a wide margin.
KUT's Emily Donahue spoke with Gardner Selby from the Austin American-Statesman’s Politifact Texas unit.