Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
KUT Audio News Roundup
A taste of the audio news we've produced the last 24 hours.
The death of a three-year-old child last week put the number of homicides in Austin this year at 36. As KUT's Mose Buchele reports, when you start looking into what that means, things start to get a little murky.
The Republican leadership in Texas legislature has already declared 2011 to be a no new taxes legislative session. As KUT's Ben Philpott reports, one Democrat wants to make sure lawmakers are using an expanded definition of the word “tax.”
A state district judge in Houston is looking at whether the death penalty is unconstitutional in Texas, because of a risk that innocent people may be put to death. KUT's Crystal Chavez talked about it with Steve Hall, director of The StandDown Texas Project.