Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
I-35 Lane Closures for Bridge Repair
Starting this weekend, you should expect some lane closures on southbound I-35 around Stassney Lane.
Last month, a truck hauling an oversized load ran into the underside of the bridge, damaging it.
Though the Texas Department of Transportation says the crash didn’t make the bridge unsafe, it needs to be repaired – and that’s expected to take more than two weeks.
Starting this Sunday, crews will shut down southbound I-35 lanes around Stassney between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.
Repairs will cost about $85 thousand.