Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
Heat Advisory for Austin Today
The National Weather Service issued a heat advisory for all of Central Texas today through 7 p.m. tonight.
A heat advisory is issued when both hot temperatures and high humidity fell like it is over 100 degrees outside and can cause heat illnesses. Highs for today are between 100 and 105 and could feel up to 109 outside.
The Weather Service recommends drinking plenty of fluids, stay out of the sun and check up on relatives and neighbors.