Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Dewhurst Releases First TV Ad
David Dewhurst really wants you to know that he’s ready to cut government spending. The Texas Lieutenant Governor is running for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison. And his new TV ad mentions cutting spending three times in a mere 30 seconds.
“We’ve got to cut spending. We’ve got to prioritize. We’ve got to choke down government,” a buttoned-down Dewhurst says the spot on top of video of him walking through the Texas Capitol and talking to people.
The final three seconds of the commercial show Dewhurst in his rancher's gear – jeans, big belt buckle and blue collared shirt – walking with his wife and daughter down a country road with a horse in tow.
2012 Presidential Election
US Senate 2012