Most Active Stories
- Should Austin Bury I-35? Proposal to Reconnect City Gets New Look
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Why Passing the STAAR Exam Will Get Tougher, Starting Next Year
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
KUT News Staff
Arts and Culture
Antone's Leaving Fifth St. Location
Antone’s will reportedly move out of its West 5th location in favor of a more customer-friendly location.
The club's Frank Hendrix said Antone’s current location has hampered concert-goers due to traffic and lack of parking availability in the warehouse district area. Last year, Hendrix relocated both Emo’s and Beauty Ballroom from the downtown area to East Riverside, in favor of larger spaces.
Hendrix said they’ll be looking at five possible sites, with some in the downtown area, with some on the east side. There are reports the club may take over the Beauty Ballroom East location. The club will finalize their relocation plans by the end of January and will make the move after South By Southwest, Hendrix told KUT News.
A change in scenery, however, is nothing new for the live music stalwart. So far, the club called several spots around Austin home throughout its history. On 6th street, up near the UT Campus, and its current location in the 200 block of West 5th, downtown.