Most Active Stories
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- A Permanent Farmers Market, and 5 Other Ways Austin Can Become A Foodie Capital
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
AISD Public Hearing Tonight
The Austin ISD Board of Trustees will hold a public meeting to discuss a nearly $900 million bond proposal tonight at Crockett High School in South Austin.
The bond, which could be put on the ballot as soon as May, requests nearly $350 million in funding for district-wide renovations schools and $72 million in technology improvements. The bond proposal can be read in its entirety here. As its stands now, the bond would cost the owner of a $200,000 homeowner an extra $70 per year in property taxes.
The hearing will be held in the Crockett High School cafeteria, and it starts at 6:30 pm.