Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Jennifer Stayton, KUT News
I feel very lucky to have been born and raised right here in Austin, Texas. An English teacher at my high school, St. Stephen’s Episcopal School, once suggested to the class that we tune in to KUT 90.5 for Paul Ray’s “Twine Time.” I have been a public radio fan ever since.
My original career path – Psychology – took a back seat to radio after I started volunteering at the Williams College student radio station during my time there.
I have worked for commercial and public radio stations in sales, music, production, and news. I stopped along the way to get a Master’s Degree from Syracuse University in Radio-Television-Film. I have been the anchor and host of “Morning Edition” on KUT since May of 2004.
When I am not napping (that 3:30 a.m. alarm comes awfully early during the week!) I enjoy time with my husband Charles, stepdaughter Samantha, and our cat and hamster. I also enjoy watching UT Longhorn football and and experiencing all that is cool about Austin.